If you are seeing the message ‘This account is no longer reachable by direct access,’ that means the account was connecting via legacy direct access which was officially shut down on March 6, 2023.
To resume automatic downloads for the account (you must be running the current version of Banktivity 8, 8.8.2), you have two options:
1. You can go to File > Upgrade Bank Connections, and the app will walk you through updating the connection method for each of your accounts.
2. You can take the accounts offline individually and relink them. This may be required for banks that have moved to the Open Banking connection method. This is done using the steps below:
To take accounts offline:
– Double-click on the account
– In the popup window that appears click on the Check Status button
– In the Account Connection Status window click on the Take Offline button.
– Repeat this for all accounts you want to take offline
To relink accounts:
– Double-click on one of the accounts
– In the popup window that appears click on the Configure Connection button
– Follow the prompts in the windows that appear.
– Choose the listing for your bank
– Be sure to connect via Yodlee
First take the account offline:
- Open the document in Banktivity and then tap the account.
- The next screen will show the account name and transactions. Click on the pen and paper icon on the top of the account summary to edit the account.
- Under ‘BANK INFO’ at the bottom of the next screen, tap ‘Automatic Downloads – Direct Access’.
- On the ‘Account Connection Status’ screen that follows, tap ‘Take Offline’ and confirm that you want to take the account offline.
Next reconnect the account:
- Click on the pen and paper icon on the top of the account summary to edit the account.
- Under ‘BANK INFO’ tap ‘Automatic Downloads’
- On the next screen tap ‘Find My Bank’
- Follow the prompts to search for and select the bank for your selected account. You’ll be prompted to login to the account and then select the appropriate account to reconnect.