This article explains how to completely remove a Direct Access connection and reestablish it. This can be used as a troubleshooting technique for some circumstances for when an account refuses to update.
IMPORTANT: If you are actively working with a tech support representative who is trying to troubleshoot a Direct Access issue with our backend provider, please do not follow the steps below (unless instructed to do so). Deleting the connection from the Direct Access server will prevent our backend provider from further troubleshooting.
To remove a connection:
- Launch Banktivity and open your Document (data) file (if it doesn’t open automatically).
- Select the account you want to remove the connection for and click the cloud icon next to it.
- From the sheet that appears, click “Take Offline…”
- Go to File> Manage Direct Access…
- Click on the text that says “Click here to remove activated banks”.
- From the list of your Direct Access Banks, click the ‘Delete’ button next to the bank you want to remove.
To establish a connection:
- Select the account you want to set up for Direct Access (or Direct Download).
- Go to Account> Set Up Online Access…
- Follow on screen prompts to connect your account.