Banktivity does not have a built-in archive feature but some Banktivity users have been using a process like this to archive older data (change dates to suit your needs):
– If using Cloud Sync, turn off syncing first. Go to File> Subscription> Sync Settings, click “Turn Off Syncing”.
– Go to File> Save As rename the new file “Banktivity Data 2020”, or something similar. (Press and Hold the Option key on your keyboard after clicking ‘File’ to see the ‘Save As’ option)
– Write down the 2019 ending balance of each account.
– Delete all the transactions from your accounts, up to 1/1/20.
– Add a new Deposit transaction to each account, type in “Starting Balance” for the payee, and assign it the amount you wrote down for that account.
– That should do it! Now your accounts will be current up to 1/1/20 and you can start with a clean slate for the new year or time frame. You should also be able to set up syncing again – go to File> Subscription> Sync Setup
***Note: we do not recommend archiving investment accounts as this could interfere with the cost basis and the number of shares owned in your investment accounts.